Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!


How was everyone's weekend?

I was lucky enough to have the 3rd & 4th off... woohoo! Louis and I had a nice time with old friends. I even brought over some of these yummy, patriotic goodies...
Delicious & easy to make!

Patriotic Strawberries
Carton of strawberries
White chocolate
White Sugar
Blue food coloring

Melt your white chocolate in the microwave, for 2 minutes. Stir after a minute.
In another bowl, add a couple of tablespoons of white, granulated sugar. Drip in blue food coloring, about 3 drops. Mix well!
Dip strawberries in white chocolate, letting excess drip off.
Dip the tip of the strawberry in the blue sugar and place on parchment paper to dry.



Today was fun too! I woke up and made oven baked french toast. I stuck with the patriotic theme and added not only blueberries but strawberries too. S'good!!!
All that's left! Just missing the powdered sugar.

We spent the rest of the day at my in law's house for swimming and dinner. We have some yummy blue cheese burgers, potato salad and watermelon. I definitely over indulged but that is ok... it isn't like I do that everyday. :) Anyways, we brought the dogs over and they were pretty cute. Gus even went swimming with me. Bo hates the heat, so he stayed indoors.
Swimming with Gus Gus.


Happy Birthday, America! 


3 comments:

KSK said...

Glad you had a great 4th! Love your strawberries! (If I post mine, I'll link back to your page for the recipe!)
*mmm! blue cheese burgers! *drool*

KSK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. W. said...

Sounds like a great 4th! I am super impressed with all your patriotic cooking, and super jealous of your time in a swimming pool. :)